Wingham High School students will once again play a prominent role on Remembrance Day in Wingham next week.
Wingham RSL Sub-branch have organised a full program for Monday, November 11 to begin with a veterans parade at 10.45am from Queen Street to the Wingham Memorial Town Hall.
The new school captains, Dimity Bartlett and Billy Callaghan, will be involved in the service including presenting the remembrance address and five students from Year 10 will form the flag party.
As the flag party stands post at the Cenotaph they will be accompanied by fellow student Lincoln Harrell who will sound the Last Post on the bugle.
Lincoln has been the chosen bugler for the Wingham RSL Sub-branch services for several years now and is much appreciated by the branch.
Wingham RSL Sub-branch president Terry Gould will make the official welcome before handing over to Wingham High School captain Dimity Bartlett who will give the commemorative address at 10.50am.
The Lost Post will sound before a two minute silence for remembrance commences at 11am.
At the end of the service all those present will be welcome to join the Wingham RSL Auxiliary at morning tea being served in the hall.
Participants are asked to meet at the Wingham Memorial Town Hall in Farquhar Street at 10.30am to assemble and prepare for a short march from the side of the hall to the Cenotaph.
Those wishing to lay a private wreath will be invited to do so during the service.
Remembrance Day in Australia is an occasion to commemorate and remember all Australians who have died as a result of war.
2019 Wingham Remembrance Day Program
- Venue: Wingham Memorial Town Hall
- Begins: 10.45am Monday November 11
- Master of ceremonies: Mr Terry Gould, Wingham RSL Sub-branch president
- Parade commander: Mr Terry Keegan
- Chaplain: Rev Darrell McKeough
- Bugler: Lincoln Harrell
- Piper: Tom Kyle
- Flag attendants: From Wingham High School - Harry Fittock, Caitlin Holden, Charlotte Hurst, Kali Lang, Meggan Watkins
- Local churches: Paul Smith: Presbyterian
Order of Service
- 10.45 Veteran's parade: Form up and march from the path in Queen Street.
- Welcome: Terry Gould
- 10.50 Commemorative address: Dimity Bartlett, Wingham High School captain.
- 10.55 Prayer Remembering the Fallen: Rev Darrell McKeough
- Prayer for the Nation: Paul Smith
- 10.58 Ode of Remembrance: Mr Eric Richardson (Lt Col Rtd) OAM
- 10.59 Last Post sounds
- 11.00 Silence of Remembrance
- 11.02 Reveille sounds
- 11.05 Wreath laying
- Close with the singing of the National Anthem led by Prudence Smyth.
- Wingham RSL Sub Branch: Mr Tony Ryan
- Wingham and District Services Club: Mr Harry Rider
- Mid Coast Council: Cr Kathryn Bell
- Wingham RSL Auxiliary: Mrs Lyn Turner
- Wingham Red Cross: Mrs Noreida Fotheringham
- Legacy: Mr John Rooimans
- Ministers Fraternal: Rev Darrell McKeough
- Wingham High School: Billy Callaghan, school captain
- Taree Christian College: Mollie Fitzgerald and Jack Summerville, school captains
- Wingham Public School
- Wingham Brush Public School
- St Joseph's Catholic School
- Wingham Fire Brigade