What's on in the Manning, Great Lakes and Gloucester
- The Naked and Nude Exhibition at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, Macquarie Street, Taree. Gallery hours 10am to 4pm Wednesday to Saturday and 1pm to 4pm Sunday.
- Gloucester Art Society annual exhibition at Gloucester Gallery, Gallery hours 10am to 4pm Monday to Saturday and Sunday 10am to 1pm.
- Rural Fire Service Get Ready Weekend, open days at various stations. Saturday: Hannam Vale - 10am to 12.15pm, Coopernook - 10am to 3pm, Kundle Moto - 10.30am to 2pm, Taree (at Bunnings Taree) - 8am to 4pm, Old Bar - 10am to 4pm, Rainbow Flat - 10am to 2pm, Firefly - 8.30am to 1pm, Minimbah - 11am to 3pm, Marlee - 10am to 3pm, Wherrol Flat - 9.30am to 2pm, Burrell Creek - 9am to noon, Gloucester (at Woolworths) - 9am to 2pm, Booral (at Booral Shopping Hub) - 9.30am to noon. Sunday: Lansdowne - 9am to noon, Krambach (Krambach markets) - 9am to noon, Coomba Park - 9am to 2pm, Green Point - 8am to 2pm, Bungwahl - 10am to 2pm.
- Tuncurry-Forster Jockey Club's XXXX Gold Cup meeting, 11am to 4pm at Tuncurry Racecourse. Free buses running. Eight races, first race at 12.05.
- Book talk:The Passion for Utes - An Australian Obsession, with local author Joel Wakely, 11am to noon at Wingham Library.
- Free your mind Friday, 10.30am to 12.30pm at Taree Library. Enjoy a morning of knitting, colouring, Sudoku, crosswords and more.
- Preschool Storytime - Hallidays Point, 10.30am to 11.30am at the Hallidays Point Library.
- Rudi's Farmers Market, 8am to 2pm, corner of Kanangra and Bushland Drives, Taree.
- Official opening of the Gloucester Art Society annual exhibition, 6.30pm at Gloucester Gallery.
- Tucker Patch Farmgate Stall, 9am to 11am at Tucker Patch, 62 Cemetery Road, Gloucester.
- Night at the Museum, 6pm to 8.30pm at Wingham Museum. A night of stories featuring, murder, bushrangers, ghosts. Book by phoning 6553 5823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost is adults $5, children $1.
- Third round of the Taree Golf Club's golf championships, various tee off times.
- Manning Hockey Association's junior and senior preliminary finals at Taree Recreation Centre. First game starts 9.45.
- Manning Valley Anglican College Spring Fair, 10am to 2pm at Manning Valley Anglican College, Cundletown.
- Cinema Under the Stars, 6pm to 8pm at Wingham Central Park. Screening the movie Incredibles 2.
- The Glenn Miller Orchestra, 7.30pm to 10.30pm at the Manning Entertainment Centre. Twenty four musicians, singers and dancers on stage.
- Twilight River Festival, all day, Discovery Parks Forster.
- Three Brothers Produce Market, 8am to noon at Johns River Community Hall.
- Gloucester Farmers Market, 8am to noon at Billabong Park, Gloucester.
- Johns River Community Markets, 8am to 12.30pm at Johns River Community Hall.
- Wingham Community Markets, 8am to noon at Wingham Skate Park.
- Elands Market, 10am to 2pm at Bulga Soldiers Memorial Hall.
- Forster Primary School Spring Ball, 6.30pm to 11.30pm at Cape Hawke Surf Club. Adults only, profits towards new fixed playground equipment installations at the school.
- Spring Ball, 5.30pm to 9pm at Sporties Tuncurry. Fundraiser for the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service. Book at Sporties Tuncurry, 6554 9270.
- Spring Fling, 2pm to 4pm at Taree High School Hall, Club Taree Community Concert Band and The Salvation Army Junior Band performing an fun afternoon of music to suit all ages.
- Krambach Markets, 8.30am to 1pm at the Krambach School of Arts Hall.
- Museum Car Boot Sale, 9am to 1pm at Great Lakes Museum.
While you're with us...
Did you know the Manning River Times is now offering breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news: sign up here.