What’s on in the Manning, Great Lakes and Gloucester
- Taree Summer Regatta, Friday to Sunday is the NSW Rowing Association Point Score Regatta on the Manning River. Enjoy the feature race, a handicapped mixed A grade eight on Saturday January 12 at 12.35pm.
- Art exhibitions, The Art of Ageing and A Bug's Life, at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, Macquarie Street, Taree. Exhibitions close Sunday. Gallery hours Wednesday to Saturday 10am to 4pm and Sunday 1pm to 4pm.
- Exhibition, ‘Paying Silent Homage’ at Gloucester Gallery in Denison Street, Gloucester. A collective of works by John Andrews and Kristine Lappan, with additional guest artist Stuart Wellings. Runs until January 27. Gallery hours, Thursday to Saturday 10am to 4pm and Sunday 10am to 1pm.
- Rotary Book Fair, January 5 to 13, 9am to 4pm at Holy Name School, Lake Street, Forster.
- Pinks Family Carnival, John Wright Park, Tuncurry open nightly until 10pm, until Sunday, January 27.
- School holiday movie, Early Man, 10.30am to noon at Gloucester Library. Free, bookings essential.
- Wearable Art workshop for ages eight to 15, 10.30am to noon at Wingham Library. Free, bookings essential.
- Classic Speedboat Show and Go, 9am, on the Manning River, boats leave Wingham at 10am and arrive home at Manning Point about 3pm.
- Mid North Coast Premier League Cricket T20 competition starts, games at Chatham Park and Johnny Martin Oval. Two matches, 12.30pm and 4pm.
- Ceramics at Manning Regional Art Gallery, 10.30am to noon, pot glazing (if you didn’t attend the first week’s workshop, pots are available to use) with Peter Hugill and Faye Collier. Cost $15. For ages eight and over.
- Johns River Community Markets, 8am to 12.30pm, Johns River Community Hall.
- Three Brothers Farm Produce, 8am to noon, Johns River Community Hall.
- Gloucester Farmers Market, 8am to noon, at Billabong Park, Gloucester.
- Wingham Community Markets, 8am to noon, Wingham Skate Park, Dennes Street, Wingham.
- TasteFest on the Manning, 10am to 9pm, Queen Elizabeth Park, Manning River Foreshore, Taree.
- Grow Your Own festival, celebrating music, local produce and art, Harry Elliot Oval, Beach Street, Tuncurry.
- Cundletown Nite Market and Open Jam Session, 4.30pm to 8.30pm at Cundletown Community Garden, Main Street, Cundletown. Musicians invited to perform in open jam session.
- Wingham Services Club, Group Three Rugby League Hall of Fame induction, starts 6.30pm.
- Life Drawing Studio at Manning Regional Art Gallery, Macquarie Street, Taree, 1.30pm and 3.30pm. Cost $15. Bring your own materials and easel.
- Forster Town Markets, 8am to 2pm, at Town Park, Forster.
- Pacific Palms Markets, from 9am, Pacific Palms Community Centre, The Lakes Way, Pacific Palms.
- Burrell Creek Markets, 9am to 12.30pm at Burrell Creek Hall.