One Australian is diagnosed with cancer approximately every five minutes, the length of an average tea break.
Throughout May and June, the Cancer Council is calling on Aussies to pop on the kettle and prep the menu for Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea to raise vital funds for Cancer Council.
The official event date for Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is Thursday May 25, 2017. Morning teas can be hosted anytime in May or June.
If you are not hosting an Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea, but wish to participate by donating and having a cuppa, here are some events in the Manning Valley you can get along to:
- Chapman and Wood Amcal Chemist, Isabella Street Wingham, 9.30am to 11.30am.
- Cuppa in the Country at Mountain View, Clarkes Road Tinonee on Saturday May 20 from 9am to 1pm, $5 cuppa and cake all day. Raffles, stores, farm walk at 10.30am, music, barbecue.
- Taree Gardens, Edinburgh Drive Taree on Thursday May 25 from 10am to 11am.
- Quota International of Taree at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, Macquarie Street, Taree on Friday June 23 from 10am to 1pm.
- Estia Health, 424 Wingham Road Taree, 9.30am to 11am.
- Bridgey's Sportspower in Taree on Thursday May 25 from 10am.