Club Championship round 600 yards, August 5
A large group of shooters were greeted by gusting and changeable winds on the 600-yard range today. Whist the sun was shining and the temperature balmy it was not an enjoyable day for many with the flags constantly running in opposite directions at the same time. To say the conditions were tricky would be an understatement and this was reflected in many of the scores for all but the best shooters.
However, the wind was no match for Tony Galati who is in red hot form at the moment shooting a combined total of 118.7 in F Standard A Grade to take home the win in the grade and also the afternoon’s handicap event again. Club Treasurer, Phil Costa was close behind with a final tally of 115.10.
Ean Heaney shot very consistently in F Standard B Grade with a total of 114.5 to take home the win edging out Ronan Moon on 110.3.
Target Rifle shooter Mal McKenzie shot two perfect stages of 50.4 and 50.10 to finish has afternoon with a staggering 100.14 and was the convincing winner in A Grade.
Once again, Andrew Geary put in an extremely consistent performance in Target Rifle B Grade posting two stages of 48.4 and 48.2.
Jon Knight posted a total of 87.4 and earned the win in Target Rifle C Grade over Peter Bell on 83.6.
Full scores for the day’s championship round were:
- F Open: Christina Adams 111.2
- F Standard A Grade: Tony Galati 118.7, Phil Costa 115.10, Robert Bartlett 102.3
- F Standard B Grade: Ean Heaney 114.5, Ronan Moon 110.3, Duncan Robinson 108.6, Mike Rogerson 106.2, Mike Graham 98, Katrina Geary 94.0, Craig Laurie 91.1, Suzie Laurie 87.0
- Target Rifle A Grade: Mal McKenzie 100.14
- Jim Blackmore 97.10, Tony Moon 96.7
- Target Rifle B Grade: Andrew Geary 96.6, Chris Barnard 92.7, Barry White 88.3, Max Purnell 85.2
- Target Rifle C Grade: Jon Knight 87.4, Peter Bell 83.6