Nominated Open Pairs June 10
Elaine Holden rounded off a big week for her finances by ensuring she and husband Peter took home the spoils with 34 points in the two games played by just edging out Col Watson and Jay Nicholson who lost on a countback.
Glenn Guilford also finished the week by coming in third position with 32 points and he had Chris Kane helping to some degree.
Other results were:
- Dallas Hammond and Kev Coles with 27 points.
- Peter Kriss and Brian Troop (visitor) with 19 points.
- Jim Gillogly and Allan Dodd scoring 18 points.
- Dennis and Lorraine Rolfe with 13 points.
- Laurie Mullen and Tim Richardson with 8 points.
- Graeme Ireland and Graeme Mansfield with 8 points.
- Jack Pie playing with Michael Clarke for some reason could not get their game together with 7 points.
Dad’s Army June 7
Taking out the event were Peter Holden, Glenn Gilford and Allan Dodd with a +18 against Dallas Hammond, Graeme Mansfield and Steve Pullman. Jack Pie and Brian Williams went down to Jim Gillogly and Brad Bell who finished with a +15. Greg Bartlett, Kev Coles and Bill Leadbeater got a +3 over Ian Furner, Mick Hollebone and Tim Richardson. Ben Wolters and Dennis Rolfe got a +2 result against Steve Knott and Kane Carmody.
On Sunday, Annette arranged the memorial barefoot bowls day in aid of palliative care and she was supported by many of her flock and other visitors as well as club members.
This Saturday this event continues.