Wingham Advancement Group held its 16th Annual General Meeting on Monday, September 16 followed by a dinner for wives and partners of members.
The WAG Executive for 2016 is:
- President Allen Valentine
- Vice president Dennis Wisely
- Vice president Les Brauer
- Secretary Hilary Spackman
- Treasurer Allen Valentine
- Public officer Dennis Jenkins
- Chrissy Gollan Park – Bill Kneipp and Les Brauer
- Wingham Riverside Reserve – Ron Sky and WAG members
- APEX Waterfall rebuild – Allen Valentine
- WAG DVD sales – Les Brauer
- Wingham Railway Station gardens – Lynne McKinlay and Elaine Paine.
In his president’s report Allen noted the continuing good work of members to maintain and improve the ambience and cleanliness of Chrissy Gollan Park, Wingham Riverside Reserve and Wingham Railway Station Gardens, in partnership and co-operation with the previous Greater Taree City Council and now MidCoast Council (MCC).
Allen thanked WAG members for their efforts over the past year and encouraged their participation again in the future.
He also encouraged the people of Wingham to support WAG and to attend WAG meetings to contribute to making Wingham a better place for all of us – visitors and locals – now and into the future.
WAG meets the first Monday of the month at Wingham Golf Club at 5.30pm.
New members welcome and encouraged to attend.