PLANNING for the upcoming Manning Winter Festival is well in hand.
To be held over two weeks, Saturday June 14 to Sunday June 29 and a wide range of events have already been listed in the program (with more details to come closer to each event).
The committee has released an outline of what is on offer:
Even before the festival begins the community will celebrate with the two lead-up events of the Wingham Scottish Festival (May 30 to June 1) and the Envirofair.
* Upper Lansdowne Players Touring Theatre two one act comedies at Killabakh on June 14, Taree PCYC on June 21, Hannam Vale on June 28 and Upper Lansdowne one June 28, some include meals or refreshments
* Sinfonia Concert at St Johns Anglican Church on June 14 at 2pm, which also includes the official opening of the festival.
* A craft display by Wingham CWA and the Wingham Embroiderers are at Wingham CWA Hall on June 19.
* Taree Craft Centre's Winter Woolies exhibition and demonstrations at the Tourist Centre between June 14 and 20 and then at the Craft Centre between June 26 and 29.
* Wingham Akoostik Festival Triple A event Friday June 27 at 6.30pm at Bent on Food, Wingham.
* Manning Valley Choral Society's A Magical Mystery Tour concerts at various locations from 2pm.
* Art in The Garden at George Hoad's property at Killabakh on Sunday June 29 between 10am and 5pm.
* Manning Valley Senior Citizens Association, Camp Quality benefit day and charcoal drawing workshop on Friday June 20 at Ormsby House
* Mount George Hall Trust's Mount George Fun Day, featuring country and western music, on June 28.
* Kantabile Chamber Choir Magic over the Manning choral and instrumental concert at St Johns Hall on Sunday June 22 at 2.30pm.
* Taree Artists Inc's Taree Art Walk displays in shop windows and offices in CBD will run between June 14 and 29.
* Quota Literary Luncheon at 2pm on Friday June 20 will feature guest speaker Tanya Saad.
* Manning Regional Art Gallery/Northcott will hold Tangle, a childrens art/craft/music activity from 1pm on Sunday June 22.
* Taree Literary Institute's Magic of the Manning writers competition is open to school students years 5 and 6 and closes May 14.
* Manning Spiritual Wellness Centre historic photo exhibition will be held to celebrate its 50th anniversary at Manning Valley Historical Society on Tuesday to Friday 9am to 4pm.
* Wingham Top Pub music/poetry event, details to be finalised.
* Festival Committee Laneway Magic pavement art next to Bing Lee on June 21.
* Wingham Spinners and Weavers display and demos in Taree shopfronts during the festival.
* Manning Winter Festival Visual and Performing Arts Awards, presentations/entertainment and refreshments Manning Regional Art Gallery on the evening of Friday June 21.
* Manning Winter Festival Magic of the Manning Festival Ball on Saturday June 22 at Club Taree from 7pm.
* The Greater Taree City Library event is to be advised.
A comprehensive line-up of events is being planned, to celebrate the artistic and cultural richness of the Manning Valley.
For any further information, head to the Manning Winter Festival website.