Australia's bowlers have become embroiled in allegations over ball tampering in the first Test in Hobart.
The allegations, first published in Sri Lanka media, relate to an incident on Sunday afternoon during Sri Lanka's first innings.
Newspaper the Daily News claimed two "prominent Australians" were noticed picking the seam.
"It is hoped that an inquiry will be held and that if the story is true, appropriate action will be taken and the culprits exposed," the report read.
The incident was shown on the television coverage during the 88th over of the Sri Lankan innings bowled by Peter Siddle, although it is not known whether it occured during that over or was a replay from earlier overs.
Fairfax Media understands Sri Lankan team management brought the matter to ICC match referee Chris Broad's attention on Sunday night after play, and were told the issue had already been noted.
The ICC has said Broad was aware of the media reports from Sri Lanka on the issue but no official complaint has been made.
"ICC match referee Chris Broad is aware of the media reports coming out of Sri Lanka on the ball issue. The Sri Lankan team has made no official complaint about the ball," said an ICC statement.
There have been TV stills allegedly of the incident circulating on Twitter on Tuesday.